[EuroPython] why is the website so slow?

Tom Deprez tom at aragne.com
Tue Apr 6 17:24:36 EDT 2004

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm curious; do we have any clue why the website is so slow? I don't
> think the usage pattern of our little plone site currently is such
> that it should create such slowness. No matter how good or bad the
> scalability of our particular code is... Are other apps running on
> this machine making it this bad?

I don't think it are other apps running on the machine. I think the
cause has to be somewhere on our site...

> Who do we talk to that can find out more about this slowness?

If it was a problem of other applications, we could ask Amaze to have a
look.
But since I'm almost sure this slowness is cause by us, we can't ask
Amaze and have to look ourselves. I don't know where to look, my Plone
experience is too low (and I don't have the time to improve it)

Tom