[EuroPython] EP 2004 decision rather quickly?

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 20:53:16 +0200

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 10:47:16AM +0200, Laura Creighton wrote:
> In a message of Fri, 04 Jul 2003 00:04:50 +0200, "Nicolas Chauvat" writes:
> >On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 11:36:38PM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> >
> >An idea could be that after next year, the people willing to host the
> >conference will candidate as a board. Then every person that attended
> >europython before will get one vote. The board that is elected gets to
> >take care of the association and host the conference the following year.
> >
> >Just an idea...
> >
> >--
> >Nicolas Chauvat
>
> The problem with holding a vote _at the conference_ is that it
> excludes those who disliked the current venue (or the current time)
> enough to not bother attending, and it selects for those who are
> only interested _if they can sleep in their own beds at night_ whose
> beds happen to be close by.  All this favours the encumbant, and may
> be significant.

That's a drawback. Would "people that attended one of the conferences
that took place in the last three years" be better?

I think we need to have the voice of actual participants weight more than
the one of "I'd come if..." participants that will be hundreds on usenet.

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)