[EuroPython] EP 2004 decision rather quickly?

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom@aragne.com
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 18:18:31 +0200

Just to inform:

> I agree. I think the most constructive thing that can be done now is
> to spend some time getting a clear organization in place. Planning for
> EP 2004 is important and it's great it's happening now, but it's not
> desparately urgent at this stage either and some details can wait
> until the organization is more or less in place.

Mmm, it is urgent, since otherwise we end up in the same situation like
last year and that's something I don't want to have anymore. But
correct, it can wait a month or so.

> I'm willing to commit some of my time in helping to found such an
> organization. If not everybody hates my guts now. :)

As a matter of fact, Denis is already putting resources and money in
this since before EPC2003. He has contacted lawyers (who have experience
in the open-source world) for advice. As a matter of fact a lawyer
already responded, but due to the conference busyness it wasn't possible
to work further on it.
More info on this when he has enough information on this to share to the
world and to inform volunteers and ask for advice to the community...
Should he informed you earlier about this? I don't think so, since first
someone has to gather all the right information. On the other hand I
think he informed several people about this informally (when the topic
of the discussion went in that direction).

PS. It's nice to hear some old voices again which were very silent the
last months/year

Sigh... community efforts are hard :-)

Regards,
Tom.