[EuroPython] EP 2004 decision rather quickly?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 04 Jul 2003 13:57:16 +0200

Magnus Lyck=E5 wrote:
> At 11:09 2003-07-04 +0200, Tom Deprez wrote:
>=20
>> Do people really think we earn money on organising it?
>=20
> No, and I don't think it's really reasonable. I hope that
> it has given you experience and contacts that will be
> useful for you in the future though.
>=20
> I was trying to understand what Marc-Andre meant.

I meant that Tom and Denis should add proper compensation for
their invested time to the conference budget, just like a
professional organizer would.

You as consultant should know that good work needs good pay and
I can't really understand your position in suggesting that Tom
and Denis should continue to do their job for free.

Talking at a conference is one thing, organizing a track
another, but making the whole event happen is on a completely
different scale. Even more if you take on huge financial
risks.

--=20
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 04 2003)
2003-07-01: Released mxODBC.Zope.DA for FreeBSD             1.0.6 beta 1