[EuroPython] Proceedings (Was: EuroPython 2004)

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 11:28:42 +0200

Denis Fr=E8re:

> After having slept a few nights on the EPC-2003, we have made up our
> minds : yes, we will organize the 2004 edition again !

Great news!!

> Those of you with whom we discussed the point know that we had some
> reserve about it : that represents a significant time investment and
> moreover we can't even follow the talks we would like to hear. :-)

One helpful measure to help with this is an idea I discussed with
several people already: make it mandatory for speakers to write
exactly one page of text only describing the topic they're suppos-
ed to present (in advance). It helps conference visitors, non-vi-
sitors as well as speakers to choose and prepare a topic.

Using RestructuredText this is very easy to collect automatically
into some kind of proceedings, thereby adding value, quality and
a souvenir to such events! We can even put it in the conference
brochure, too, which should make it even more valuable as an in-
strument for dealing with PR and the press.

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing." (Oscar Wilde)