[EuroPython] EuroPython 2004 [Was: Thank you all - where do we do the same thing next year?]

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom@aragne.com
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 11:15:37 +0200

> I volunteer to help with setting up Plone if the organizers (Denis
> and friends) want help for that, and I'm ready to organize "Python in
> Science" for EP'04.

Cool. Yes the idea was to look if we could change the website to a CMS.
(Probably Plone)
I'm not totally sure if a conference website must be in CMS. I'm not
sure what kind of extra values a CMS website gives for a conference
website.  But it is an idea we certainly wanted to look at, more
exactly, wanted to try out. (but, I wanted to take a brake for a short
moment, before looking into that)

More things:
* the site surely needs to be easy portable for next conferences as
well. Even better, there should be no need for portability. It should be
useable without a problem each year
* it might be good to have an object 'speaker' as well. This could be
usefull for enquetes about how good someone found your talks. -> these
values can be usefull for the speaker as for the next conference.
* more things to come.

Regards,
Tom.