[EuroPython] EuroPython Website

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:10:20 +0100

Tom Deprez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Ok, it took quiet some time to find free time for working on the EuroPython
> website. But it's getting urgent and I found some spare time.
>
> As told, I already made a backup of 2002. I now imported it back under the
> folder '2002', so it can rest there forever. (perhaps some modifications are
> needed, but we can look at those later)

Thanks.

> I decided not to change the layout or move to Plone, etc.  It would probably
> take too much time from me, which I don't have at the moment and I think the
> site still looks nice (my opinion). Perhaps later we make the switch.

Good move :-)

> Meanwhile I contacted Amaze.nl and they are still willing to be the provider
> for EPC 2003.
>
> Further I contacted Joachim Smitz (Aixtraware) who made the online
> registration and talk database, last year. He rewrote his product completely
> and will make the transition this week (first the zope instance has to be
> upgraded to a newer version).
> Further he is also going to make a call for paper form, which allows you to
> enter a paper online. The paper will be stored in the new talks database and
> will automatically receive the status 'suggested'

What will happen with the 2002 entries in that database ?

> If this is finished all the track champions can start working on getting
> people's papers.

Actually, I think that we're more into talks than papers. Time's too
short for complete reviews anyway and I don't expect anyone willing
to go through this work-intense setup.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH