[EuroPython] EuroPython Merchandise

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:09:09 +0100

Laura Creighton wrote:
> In a message of Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:53:56 +0100, "M.-A. Lemburg" writes:
>
>>PyCon is using CafePress for T-Shirts and other merchandise.
>>Perhaps we should go for this as well ?!
>>
>>	<http://www.cafeshops.com/pycon>
>>
>>It would take one item off the TODO list :-)
>>
>>--
>>Marc-Andre Lemburg
>>eGenix.com
>

> I think this is a good idea.  It makes the job on-site a lot easier,
> plus people have a better chance of getting a tshirt that fits.  Cafe
> Press also sells other things than tshirts, a plus.
> The PSF has reserved a permanent slot on CafePress. It is now called
> pycon, as mentioned. But efforts are proceeding to get the name
> python (first choice) because the plan is to make the site permanent,
> though to vary the offerings.  But somebody else already has the
> name python, and needs to be convinced to release it to the PSF.
>
> As a practical matter, this means that if we decide to go this route,
> we can just add our stuff to the site, and won't have to pay for a
> site of our own.  Of course, we _can_ make our own site if we want.
> It costs hardly anything, as I recall.

It doesn't cost a dime... just needs someone to do the setup
which takes perhaps 10 minutes and, of course, some graphics
to put on the t-shirts, cups, tote bags, etc.

I think it's better to setup a site of our own and then have
a few dollars go to the EPC organizers.

> But THERE IS A DOWNSIDE.  Here is the shipping policy
> http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/help/shipping.aspx
>
> As far as I can tell, the only way we can get our stuff is shipped
> DHL and that _takes up to Four Weeks!_
>
> Will that matter?

Depends on the timing :-)

> Does anybody know any place in Europe we could
> use instead?

I'd be interested in this too,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 28 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     32 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                       116 days left