[EuroPython] Slogan for EPC2003

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:20:35 +0100

Michael Hudson wrote:
> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:
>

>>>Well, just remove the second Python if it will be used like that.
>>>               EuroPython 2003
>>>            It's a matter of time
>>
>>I think that this line is much less obvious than the
>>"simple is better than complex" one.
>
> Well, yes.  That's one of the reasons I like it.
>
>>Shortening dev times is a good slogan too, but we'll
>>need a different punch line to get that across, something
>>like:
>>            Raising the Bar on Productivity
>>
>>(not sure whether it's "on Productivity" or "for Productivity"
>>  - a native speaker should clear up that difference)
>
> I think both suck :-)
>
> I dunno, this just doesn't seem to work for me as a conference slogan.
> Do you expect attending the conference to make you more productive?

Yes.

The idea of a slogan is to attract people of all ages,
interests and knowledge levels. It is part of the PR, so we
better sure that people can understand it at first glance.

"It's a matter of time" doesn't fall into that category
and "For the sake of simplicity" sounds arrogant. Perhaps
we need something as simple as "Why Python ?" to
attract more people from outside the Python-Sphere. We'd
need some good tutorials in that case, though.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 12 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     48 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                       132 days left