[EuroPython] track chairmen: contact information

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be
Thu Dec 4 23:23:32 EST 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 03:44:24PM +0200, Steve Alexander wrote:
> [Talking about the Python in Education Track]
> >
> >Could you also give me a small description of this track, as in:
> >http://www.europython.org/sessions/descriptions
>
> Here are some things a Python in Education track *could* be about:
>
> A: School administration software written using Python (including Zope /
> Plone / etc.)
>
> B: School teaching / courseware written using Python (including Zope etc.)
>
> C: Using Python to teach computer languages, or to teach other things
> where using a computer language helps a lot. Similarly, using Zope to
> teach people about content management or web publishing.

I am using Python to teach computer languages and progrmaming to children (12 and up)
and one of the frist project is to adapt turtle.py to become multilingual ... and get a GUI
I am intrested in presenting this at EP2004

> D: Using Python in the context of university research into computer
> science, chemistry, statistics etc.
>

> I'm personally very interested in A. I know others are interested in B.
>
> I'm not sure whether C is in scope. It doesn't seem to be covered elsewhere.

I am extremely interested in A, B, C and D ... so please make it such that none of these tracks
take place simultaneously !

> D seems to be covered by the Python in Science & Industry Track.

I suppose so

> So, I propose that the scope of this track is A, B and C.

good idea,

Thanks,

Nicolas

> --