[EuroPython] status

Martijn Faassen faassen at vet.uu.nl
Tue Aug 26 20:30:59 EDT 2003

Denis Frère wrote:
> So I've no time right now to start argumenting. For me there is no
> problem if you want to set up a voting process. Just try to be fair
> so that a maximum of people are able to express their wishes.

The voting process as suggested does empathically *not* make it possible
for a maximum number of people express their wishes. Please see the
original proposal to see what the idea was, but basically it's confined
to last and this year's track chairs. It's not fair in all kinds of respects
but it's doable on the short term. It's also fairly limited on the
amount of politics it can generate, as we're just a small group,
while we still have fairly diverse ideas. :)

> The most important point is to fix things as quick as possible.

Okay. This is enough to submit my vote to Michael though if Denis starts
protesting finding out about the actual procedure I'll feel unhappy. :)

Thanks Denis for the feedback!

Regards,

Martijn