[EuroPython] Voting and my other opinions

Heimo Laukkanen huima at iki.fi
Fri Aug 15 19:19:02 EDT 2003

I personally do not have any other opinion on the place for EPC - other
than Göteborg is far closer to Finland than Charleroi. However I will
participate no matter what, so my opinion should not count.

What should count is:

  1) Where is team able and willing to take the task - and carry out the
full project till the end

  2) Where participants are able and willing to travel to with moderate
costs

How much does it change the total costs ( travel + conference +
accomodation + food ) for people coming from Germany ( most participants
  2003 if I am correct ) to change the event to Sweden? Will it make any
difference?

Whatever is the final choise, I will give my support and help to make
the event a success. I just participated as an organizer in volunteer
run event that gets more than 5000 participants, is 4 days long and
there was program almost 24 h a day. Single most important reason for
that event's success is the fact that it has an excellent project
manager and very dedicated core team of organizers.

And that is what matters.

-huima