[EuroPython] Voting proposals

Magnus Lyckå magnus at thinkware.se
Thu Aug 14 23:34:41 EDT 2003

At 15:19 2003-08-14 +0100, Michael Hudson wrote:
>I'm hoping that knowing the conference is going to happen getting on
>for six months earlier than we did last year will allow a rather more
>effective spreading of the word...

That's true. I also hope that it will attract both a lot of new
people from Chalmers, the Göteborg region, and from Scandinavia
in general (if it happens there). Maybe we'll fill Runan!

It would be great if we had, not only a time and a place, but also
speakers and a finished program earlier than this year. It's not
easy to sell something before there is any content to present. As
I remember, there was no substancial info about EPC 2003 on the
web site when the first announcements went out. Once the talks
started to materialize, there was plenty of stuff, but by the time
I felt that I needed to plan and make a decision, there was nothing
on the web site, and it was only because I was a mailing list
subscriber that I felt that I knew enough to decide to go. The
typical visitor won't be that involved.

If people start to register earlier it will also make it much
easier to plan, and the liquidity of EPC will be better.

Magnus Lycka (It's really Lyckå), magnus at thinkware.se
Thinkware AB, Sweden, www.thinkware.se
I code Python ~ The Agile Programming Language