[EuroPython] Voting proposals

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Thu Aug 14 17:50:33 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Magnus Lyckå" <magnus at thinkware.se>
To: "Tim Couper" <tim at 2wave.net>
Cc: <europython at python.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 4:19 PM
Subject: RE: [EuroPython] Voting proposals

> At 08:55 2003-08-14 +0100, Tim Couper wrote:
> >My primary concern was related to the availability of a facility with
space
> >to run 3 tracks each with 100+ people therein and a room for 300-400
people
> >together. The original proposal was only for 100+ people and inadequate
room
> >sizes. I could have missed an update on that though. :-).
>
> There is no 400 seat lecture hall in Chalmers as far as I know.

The conference Hall RUNAN has 450 seats, the seats ordered in
cinema-fashion, with a stage. The Göteborg FilmFestival uses Runan during
the festival to show movies.

There are 2 other large auditoriums adjacent to it (in the same building),
one with about 100
seats, one with about 200-250 seats, I do not recall very well. The only
large auditorium presented in my proposal was Runan and 2 smaller rooms that
take about 3-40 people that also are in the same building.

I was not able to attend any of the 2 lsat EPC's so I really don't know the
amount of a) parallel tracks, b) attendants per parallel track to expect.

> If you look at the map that pops up from
> http://www.chalmers.se/HyperText/Kartor.html and select HA1, HA2,
> HA3 and HA4 (263+88+104+176 seats) you get a reasonable building,
> especially if we could fit in HA1 for the keynotes. That would work
> if we get the same amount of visitors as the previous years.
>
> If we are too many for keynotes in HA1, we might as well use HC
> (108+104+104+176) and have the keynotes arranged as noted above.
> There are many other options as well though. For instance, HB has
> room sizes 184+184+184+224 if we need even more seats. Just hover
> over the lecture hall list and see the sizes, click to see the
> locations on the map.

These halls are within a 2-6 minute walking distance from Runan.

/dario