[EuroPython] Re: Decision NOW

Beatrice bea at webwitches.com
Tue Aug 12 20:21:13 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 15:46, Dinu Gherman wrote:

[snip]

> Some "data-mining" on the website reveals these two relevant pages
> below, which you can compare to get at the conclusion that you only
> have to ask Shae Erisson, Marc Poinot and Tom Deprez, as the others
> do overlap with EPC 2003. Finding them is another issue, but what do
> you expect from deadlines in the middle of vacation periods every-
> where? ;-)

[snip]

I happen to have found Shae, as he's sitting in the office next to mine.
Since I have been increasingly working with Zope over the last year or
two and hence thinking of coming to the next EPC, he's let me answer for
him/both of us. Neither he nor I were at the conference this year or
last year because we ended up moving to... the north of Sweden, where we
recently opened a company together. That kept us too busy.

The reasons he/I did not add our two cents in the past are:
a) because we obviously would like the conference to take place in
Sweden since we're new in the country and, as a former inhabitant of
Belgium, I _really_ don't like Charleroi
b) because our absence at the last two events makes a) totally
irrelevant to those who've done all the work up to now.

Shae does not expect to have a vote in the matter for the reasons
mentioned above. Be that as it may: if it takes place in Sweden next
year, I will volunteer some of my own organisational talent and I am
planning to attend.

bea

--
"... being married to a woman provided the man with a constant companion,
a friend in old age, an object to be loved and played with,