[EuroPython] Re: EPC2003: program + length + public + fees

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 18:58:41 +0100

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 12:08:16PM +0100, Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:
> PROGRAM + LENGTH
> I sully support the idea proposed by NicolasC (Chauvat) to have a 3 days
> conference with the first day oriented to "consumers" of the applications (by
> opposition to developpers) organized around business cases.

Me too :-)

> PUBLIC
> For me there can exist a rather clear distinction between the people, both
>
> I would also suppose that students, if any, would be in general more
> interested by the last 2 days. I do also think that students who are the
> future business users as well as developpers should be encouraged by all
> means to participate. One of the way is making it really cheap, easy and
> FEE
> As there would exist different target public (again please consider both
> exhibitors and "consumers"), one category that is business oriented and one
> that is less, and that there is a temporal split between the 2, we could
> consider to make different fees. I suppose the distinction is clear enough to
> make the logistics behind not that heavier. (I do also think that this
> disctinction can help us, for example in the way that hostesses and/or a
> active welcome desks are necessary - hence the associated cost- for the frist
> day when it is less the other days.

Assuming we have:

 thursday day1 = business cases
 friday   day2 = tutorials
 saturday day3 = hackers

what about a fee for day1+day2+day3 a lower fee for day2+day3 and an even
lower fee for day3 alone.

Businesses would pay full price and attend day1 and day2 maybe day3.
Most participants would attend day2 and day3.
Students with lower budget would attend day3.

If we want students to be able to attend tutorials, we get them to pay for
day3 and get to enter on day2 (but how do you check that someone actually
*is* a student ?)

Of course, such a proposal can only be discussed on the basis of last year's
budget. Denis, you said you'd send me the accounting information for me to
help you out with it... I'm ready :-)

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)