[Tom] Re: [EuroPython] Track database still incomplete

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 22 May 2002 14:24:30 +0200

Tom Deprez wrote:
>>I am logged in. It just happens that the two "databases" registrations
>>and tracks are very touchy about *where* you log in. If you log in
>>under
>>
>>http://www.europython.org/manage
>>
>>the /Talks/ page shows the list I was looking for, but
>>if you log in at e.g. /Registration/manage then you don't
>>get to see the talks list under /Talks/; instead the
>>add talk form shows.
>

> _Last_ time I will mention this :
>
> Yes, the manager user interface has its flaws, but remember as well that
> Joachim has
> set it up in a few days, so.... :
>
> If you are logged in as manager:
>
> Then you can edit/delete the talks
> You can't enter the registration page itself.
> Well, you can enter the registration page as well, but then you shouldn't go
> to index_html, but to another page...
>
> If you are not logged in, thus anonymous:
>
> Then you can not edit/delete talks
> but you can enter the registration page
>
> Joachim made some adjustments but hasn't updated them yet.
>
> I hope that this is the _last_ time I've to say this again.

Tom, the point is not logged in vs. not logged in. It's
about logged in at root level (/) or at a different level,
e.g. /Registration/. (I am always talking about the logged
in state.)

That's what I found strange.

> Think on the fact that you at least _have_ these tools.

Anyway, thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH