[EuroPython] Time for a new press release

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 17 May 2002 20:18:00 +0200

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Now that we have the payment page setup, it's time for another
> round of press releases.

Note that Paul was working on this, and I asked him yesterday already
what's the status on it. He hasn't answered yet. :)

> For this, I think we should update the press release text
> a bit and e.g. include the reference to Eric Raymond's coming
> to the text.
>
>    http://europython.zope.nl/draftwiki/PressReleaseEnglish
>
> (I've already added these to the English text)
> The next would then be to mail out the press release to as

And some other nice names we may want to include as well. And definitely
say registration is now open. :)

> many newsgroups and mailing lists as possible and of course
> to submit it to all the other fine press resources we have on
> the press release press page:
>
>    http://europython.zope.nl/draftwiki/PressReleasePress
>
> We need a volunteer to manage this.

I can submit it to some Python and also Zope channels. I'll also ask Guido
whether I can post a note to python-dev this time, as he complained a
Dutch core developer hadn't heard about it. Hm, perhaps a list to actually
talk to for people who want to speak on the Python Language track. I will
try that..

> If you think you can manage this and make sure that the press
> release gets submitted by Wednesday next week, then please
> speak up today.

I can't commit to this myself unfortunately, but I'll help with some of the
writing over the weekend.

Regards,

Martijn