[EuroPython] view on talks

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 14:55:24 +0200

Andy Robinson wrote:
>>We need this data to do broschures and other print stuff,
>>so unless Andy gives his OK that ReportLab can generate the
>>PDF from the track database, we'll have to stick to the text
>>based wiki approach.
>

> I have been totally out of the loop this week, but
> last week I spoke to Joachim and Tom and we agreed
> ReportLab would pull data from the Zope site and/or
> from any databases they have behind it.
>
> Joachim has demonstrated an xml-rpc database connection
> for getting at the Zope data. I would strongly prefer
> to get the data from Zope.  We need structured input
> and the Wiki definitely is not that.
>
> As a track organiser who's got catching up to do,
> I really prefer to put my data into Zope.  As soon
> as I have done it I will slim down tyhe track Wiki
> page to say 'talks X/Y/X accepted; look in Zope;
> any new suggestions or comments can go here."

Fine. In that case let's go for the solution which
Andy describes here.

Please post a description of the steps it takes to
move data into the Zope database either on the wiki
or here.

And to all track champions: after you have moved the
data, please update the wiki pages accordingly (i.e.
add the direct reference to the talk database to the
wiki page).

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg