[EuroPython] Re: Booths et al.

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 07 May 2002 13:02:36 +0200

Tom Deprez wrote:

> > Marc
> >
> > I think you're right about the risk assessment. We do
> > need a cutoff date assigned soon to be able to
> > progress either way. If you find we don't get the 5 we
> > need, an alternative could be for us to provide table
> > space for companies who would like to display
> > brochures or other material at a "Python Market". Our
> > responsibility would be to merely provide tables and
> > space; we would not be responsible for the safety of
> > any literature or any other items left there, nor for
> > the provision of power and lighting. However, if those
> > tables were located in the same place as the hostesses
> > are, they would be a natural presence to keep an eye
> > on the material against obvious vandalism. Such
> > brochure/meeting space could be sold at say 100 Euros
> > for the duration of the conference.
>
> Exactly.
>
> > This would be a figure that firms might feel it worth
> > to have a place where their wares can be displayed and
> > a natural place for them to meet with prospective
> > business partners.
>
> Exactly.
>
> > Just a thought...

Ok, reading the responses it seems that we should go for
the "tables with no strings attached" option and put
a price tag of EUR 100 on each of them.

We will then drop the guards and extra insurance against
theft and leave it up to the exhibitors to decide what's
best for them.

We still require signup for the tables, though, since
we'll have to organize them.

How does that sound ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg