[EuroPython] Time Schedules and Tracks

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom@aragne.com
Wed, 1 May 2002 11:42:13 +0200

> >Hi,
> >
> >I've made a graphical view of the time schedules and the tracks.
> >I did my best to put them together with my knowledge. I didn't yet placed
> >them in which rooms they would go.
> >
> >You can find them at http://europython.zope.nl/draftwiki/ConferenceTracks
> >(In more detail topic)
> >
> >Urgh, this took some time, so be gentle with negative input :-)
>
> This is superb work... Thanks taking so much time...
>
> When looking at the schedule, I think that the keynote at the end of the
> day is a really nice idea... but we'll have to be very strict about
> duration of talks if we want to be out in time.

Yup, correct!

> Paul, Tom do we need to be more specific about the Zope talks... I mean
> separating them in different Zope tracks as Zope infrastructure (Zope 3,
> i18n), Zope Content Management, etc... ?

Yes, I was thinking on this as well, but for this we first need to decide
which talks are going to be given. Further, there will not be that much
talks all together (9 full talks: 25min to 35 min), so making a difference
will be perhaps too much. But then again, we can try to place some with more
or less the same subject in the same session. The Lightning talks can be put
together in groups as well.

> Is it gentle enough to say that the gradient does not really help to get
the colors... ;-)

Are you attacking my graphical skills :-)))
Do you like it more as plain colors?

> >Proposal
> >----------
> >
> >Looking at it, I see that an evening track is not filled at Day2. I
suggest
> >to move the webservices track to here (which is planned on Day3 AM).
>
> I think this is a good idea...
>
> >I'm not sure how to put the BoF's and lightning talks. (together or like
it
> >is now). If we put them seperate, then the lighting talks can be given in
> >the auditorium and the BoFs in the multipurpose room.
>
> What are BoF (Birds of Feathers) ? If it is free dicussion...(?) I would
> schedule it the other way : two parallel sessions of lightning talks and
> two parallel BoFs.

yes, but lightning talks could be interesting for everybody, so perhaps
people want to hear all lightning talks.
Other people are perhaps more for BoF (yes, Birds...) and would like to be
in all BoF's...