[EuroPython] Conference brochure draft for review

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:57:37 +0200 (CEST)

"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com>:

> > Well, well... then I obviously missed something like an email
> > or a note about it. Nerver mind!
>
> We have had long discussions about this on the committee list
> and I put lot's of work into recreating Vincent's bitmap cover
> graphics as vector based ones.

I see. Then it might be interesting for you to know that
you can convert Vincent's SVG in about one second to PDF
(with the right vectorised font) for reuse in the Brochure
with PageCatcher, a commercial ReportLab product that most
likely was used for this operation. In fact, my svglib
distribution contains Vicent's logo as an SVG sample, as
well as a PDF version derived from it - which reduces the
time to produce it to 0 seconds (you might only have to
resize it). So I'll not retype the URL again, now, because
this is an error-prone process...

All this is fine with me, but now there is an inconsisten-
cy between the brochure logo and the website one! And -
worse, much time seems having been spent on this with sub-
optimal results, while the right thing was just one click
away...

Sure I could have noticed earlier, but then I'm hosting
some visitors the whole week and have to offer some sight-
seeing and socializing programme, too.

Anyway, it's going to be a great event! ;-)

Dinu