[EuroPython] EuroPython.org i18n

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar jdavid@nuxeo.com
Sun, 09 Jun 2002 19:45:02 +0200

Hi all,

The internationalization is finished. Well, most of it. Exceptions:

  - Things that won't be internationalized: images, zwikis, etc..

  - Things that I still have to do: dates.

  - Things that I missed (involuntarily): ??

  - Things that I missed (hoping nobody notices it ;-): some templates
    in the registration section.

So, this is a call for translators to localize the web site. What
follows are some instructions on how to do it.

Basically, three resources have been used to do the job: a message
catalog that lives in the root of the web site (named "gettext");
many LocalContent objects (more than 80); and a LocalFolder object
that was used in the "Exhibitors" section.

All these objects have a tab named "Languages", you can use it to add
your language if it isn't already there.

If there's any problem with the user interfaces just ask me, directly
or through the mailing list; I guess the most complex one is the
LocalFolder.

You can find more information in the wiki:

  http://www.europython.org/draftwiki/WebsiteInternationalisation

Please, use it to keep track of the changes in the content and its
translations. This is also for content managers that update the
original information in english.

Translators will need access to the management screens, I think
Tom is the one you should talk with to request a login (right??).

That's all!

--
J. David Ibáñez, Nuxeo.com
Zope developer (http://www.zope.org)