[EuroPython] Online presentations

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 19:35:09 +0200

Jean-Fran?ois Roche wrote:
> Le Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 06:04:19PM +0200, Juergen Hermann pianota:
> > On Mon, 01 Jul 2002 17:31:37 +0200 (CEST), Dinu Gherman wrote:
> > Some more by me:
> >  - there should be a TGZ or something with _all_ material (as soon as
> > we are complete)
> 	We already thought about this by doing a iso image of all the
> material of the conference. But this would take a lot of place.

Reiterating what I said at the conference; an ISO image sounds like overkill;
isn't it still better to let users select what they want instead of making
them download 600 megs of ISO and then making them have to burn it on
CD? Even if we want to provide a ball of everything this would still be
more efficient and easy to use as a giant zip file or tarball.

> Tom already
> sent an email to the person who owns the server to know if we could use
> the filesystem instead of the ZODB to put such big files (there will be
> the photos and the audio tracks of all the conferences soon too...) I m
> just at the fifth of all the audio tape of the conferences and i have
> already 200 Mo.

Contacting Amaze about this is definitely a good idea before we start having
hundreds of megabytes available for download. This is actually what I
wanted to say but I'm glad Tom already thought of this issue.

Thanks,

Martijn