[EuroPython] Online presentations

Jean-François Roche jfroche@jfroche.be
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 19:14:35 +0200

Le Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 06:04:19PM +0200, Juergen Hermann pianota:
> On Mon, 01 Jul 2002 17:31:37 +0200 (CEST), Dinu Gherman wrote:
Hi,

> Some more by me:
>  - there should be a TGZ or something with _all_ material (as soon as
> we are complete)
	We already thought about this by doing a iso image of all the
material of the conference. But this would take a lot of place. Tom already
sent an email to the person who owns the server to know if we could use
the filesystem instead of the ZODB to put such big files (there will be
the photos and the audio tracks of all the conferences soon too...) I m
just at the fifth of all the audio tape of the conferences and i have
already 200 Mo.

>  - there should be a way to get all files via "wget -r", so mirroring
> is easy
That a part where i dont know so much but i m interested to learn so if
somebody could explain me more the way to do it that should help me.

> Ditto. BTW, I volunteered to Martijn to create a set of index files
> suitable for a file system representation. And I'm able to convert PPT
> etc. to PDF (we have Distiller installed on our workstations).
We can give you an access to the website if you want to.

			Jean-François Roche