[EuroPython] call for papers todo

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:50:19 +0100

Hi there,

We need to do a bunch of things before we can put out a call for papers:

  * determine the length of the individual talks. The ones right now are too
    long, we need shorter ones. They don't have to be completely correct,
    but we need to be in the right ballpark.
    (note that how many talks we can accomodate is another issue we can
     work out independent from the call for papers)

  * determine what tracks there are. Doesn't have to be set in stone, but
    would be nice to have in the form.

  * work out the text for the call for papers.

  * we probably want to contact some people for talks ourselves (that is,
    people organizing tracks/general committee wants to). Do we need
    a procedure for this or can we just mail people and ask them to
    submit a talk?

  * do the tech bit.

Note that keynote talks and such I don't think people should be able to
apply for. We should come up with some idea for keynotes ourselves (besides
Guido's). Perhaps some of us would like to do somekind of EuroPython pep-talk,
or whatnot.

Regards,

Martijn