[EuroPython] Re: [EuroPython] I asked Jacob Hallén how long it would take to make a non profit society in Sweden.

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:26:26 +0100

From: "Laura Creighton" <lac@strakt.com>

> He has done this many times.  He said:  1 day.  I asked him to write it
up.
> This is his response:  'collecting 5 people' need not be done in person.
> An Irc channel would work, or a conference telephone call.  There are
> roughly 10 Euros in a Swedish Krona.
>
> -------------

<snip>

> 1. Collect 5 people.
> 2. Create some by-laws. They have to contain purpose, grounds for
> membership and administrative details, like how many members the board
> should have and how a general meeting is called.

I have some experince in being on the board for a couple of non-profit orgs
in Sweden , and can provide good examples for bylaws (even a
fill-in-the-blanks-and-elaborate-a-bit bylaw-form) that are specifically for
non-profit organisations. They are in swedish, but it would be trivial to
translate them into english if there is interest.

/dario

Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services