[EuroPython] Conference title (Press Release German finished)

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 00:17:53 +0100

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Ah, that's not what I am after. The conference is *not* about
> products or companies. It's about Python.

It's about Python (and Zope).

> If I would want to reach out to potential customers, I'd go
> to the CeBIT, an O'Reilly conference, Internet World or some
> other major event.

Zope users aren't potential users of Python; they're already users of
Python.

> > I firmly believe, OTOH, that putting "Zope" in the title will bring more
> > people and more attention (press, etc.) to the conference.
>
> The website is already named EuroPython, the mailing list
> as well. The EuroPython.org web site mentions EuroPython as title
> of the conference.

Yup, that was a deliberate attempt by us in the Zope community to draw
in the Python community and make it more prominent! As I just said
in another mail. It's been my intention from the outset. I didn't realize
we'd succeed so well that people think it is out of place in the title. :)

Should we change the title to:

European Python (and Zope) conference 2002? :)

Regards,

Martijn