[EuroPython] Education competition and price + sponsors

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux@openbe.org
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:00:00 +0100

Dear all,

2 ideas :

1/ Python is a good rapid application developpement tool, that is also ea=
sy=20
to learn.=20

Why dont't we launch a contest in the European schools and high school we=
=20
know in Europe for an application, in python, on any platform (showing py=
hton=20
portability) ? THe price would be given at during the conference by=20
aplitician. THis can attrat both politicians (they like distributing pric=
es,=20
this is not hard to do !) and public.

2/ contact sponsors, especially the ones that supported the Python10=20
conference and editors who publish python/zope books to ask them to give =
us=20
some books to distribute. Also contact O'Reilly (but mind that we are not=
=20
selling the conference, just looking for partners) O'Reilly is supporting=
=20
FOSDEM in BRussels next week.=20

Is there some one volunteering for that ?=20

Thanks,

Nicolas

--=20
Nicolas Pettiaux