[EuroPython] Sponsoring

Joseph Santaniello someone@arbitrary.org
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:34:44 -0800

On Monday, February 11, 2002, at 04:05 , Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Stefane Fermigier wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 09:54:47AM +0100, Dinu Gherman wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> maybe I just forgot about it, but I don't quite remember
>>> having seen anybody mentioning the sponsoring issue.
>>> Could anybody elaborate a bit on this one, please?
>>
>> As said during the december meeting that my company, Nuxeo, could
>> probably
>> give 500 Euros, but it's too early to make a firm commitment.
>
> Infrae (mine and Kit Blake's company) can put in some euros too. Paul
> Everitt also wrote in before and said Zope Corporation could
> contribute a
> 'couple of hundred bucks'.
>
> We need some kind of policy though so that sponsors can start
> sponsoring,
> and know what they'll get back for it. Perhaps sponsors get space for
> a poster presentation of some sort? And of course they get added to some
> list of sponsors we'll display prominently everywhere.
>
> Regards,
>
> Martijn

Another idea for covering expenses is having raffle prizes. For example
the meeting rooms could have temporary 802.11b wireless access points
set up, and for 5 euros or whatever attendees could buy raffle tickets
to win them at the end of the conference. Maybe getting sponsors to
donate hardware like this would be easier than cash.

Joseph