[EuroPython] send out press release

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:55:21 +0100

Stefane Fermigier wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 04:16:30PM +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I've sent the press release at the end to comp.lang.python.announce,
> > LWN, LinuxToday and NewsForge. I'd like this to go to more places,
> > but it's a start. Perhaps someone would like to help? :)
>
> The press release is OK for comp.lang.python.announce, LWN, LinuxToday and
> NewsForge, but for a more general audience, we should add a paragraph "about
> Python".
>
> It should be made very clear that Python is free software / open source,
> and it's widely used by successful projects.

Right and for press people to understand this, you should also
add the usual press-release-mumbo-jumbo... please have a look at:

	http://www.python10.org/p10-media3.html

Here's a short blurb about Python:
"""
Python is an object-oriented Open Source programming language which
runs on all modern platforms (http://www.python.org/). By integrating
ease-of-use, clarity in coding, enterprise application connectivity
and rapid application design, Python establishes an ideal programming
platform for todays IT challenges.
"""

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg