[EuroPython] Basic questions on logistics...

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 00:43:45 +0200

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > > - How much do you charge for admission?  Is there a budget with  expected
> > income and expenses?  How much does the catering cost?
> >
> > We though on charging the following:
> >
> > Early bird rate (until sunday may 19):   200 euro
> > Normal fee      (after may 19)          :   250 euro
> > Students                                          :  100 euro
>
> Is someone collecting early bird registrations yet?  The official
> website doesn't even have a link.  Yet the deadline is only 3 weeks
> off.

We can shift this, of course, but it shouldn't go into june. :)
(nothing was announced yet about the deadline)

>  Does that somebody have a bank account?  How do they accept
> money?  PayPal?

Denis has a bank account for the conference setup. Unfortunately the
payment situation doesn't seem to have been worked out yet. If we don't
get news on this by monday, let's go with ShareIt if at all possible.
What were the costs again?

> > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'll put the above online very soon, if nobody
> > disagrees !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Putting the prices up without a way to pay us will generate a lot of
questions from people wondering how to pay. Better put up the payment
options right away.

Talking about people going to complain, I'd like to have an email address
for europython.org. Unfortunately the IP has not been transferred to amaze.nl,
which means we can't supply addresses at europython.org. I guess I can go
mail the owner of the domain again..

[online payment]
> It's time!

Definitely. That's even more urgent than getting the program worked out.
It all has to happen next week, people!

Regards,

Martijn