[EuroPython] Is the graphics track dead?

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 23:44:40 +0200

Andy Robinson wrote:
> I'd really like to give an overview of Reportlab's
> software, similar to the one done at the ACCU; and
> if possible a full tutorial on how to use it.
>
> Is there a wiki page or an "track page" for the tutorials
> day and proposed talks?  I can't find it.  What
> tutorials do we have already?  Who is tutorials
> coordinator?  Shall I make a page for them?

Please be the tutorials coordinator and make a page; I don't think
anyone is doing this yet.

By the way, I still don't want a full day dedicated to tutorials
only, as indicated on the conference time table now. I think it'd be better
to have 2.5 conference days, and hold tutorials in parallel with some of
the talks. This gives us a lot more space for actual talks, which
I think we will need.

I think we may need some kind of Python Applications 'track' that can
also have a talk about reportlab. This as opposed to the Python 'hackers'
track which will go more into technical detail on python itself; I think
we can get some interesting speakers there.

I'd like to be somewhat vague on these tracks before we see what speakers
and talks we'll really have, though. It may all end up being a single track.

Regards,

Martijn