[EuroPython] plan for tomorrow

holger@trillke.net holger@trillke.net
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 00:01:44 +0200

> holger@trillke.net wrote:
> > > Registration Fee Information (full conference)
> > >
> > > Early Bird Rate (up till sunday may 19).. 200 euro
> > > Regular Rate (after may 19).............. 250 euro
> > > Student Rate............................. 100 euro
> >
> > these are good fees in comparison to other similar events.
> > Might i still ask if free developers not currently working
> > for money but for the advancement of free software can
> > participate in the student rate? I know this is somewhat
> > fuzzy to define but it probably boils down to judging a few
> > cases. Most people will not care, i guess. That would be great!
>
> Hmm.. speakers will enter free, is the goal, so if those developers
> have something interesting to talk about, they will enter by deduced
> rates.

right except that everything seems to be layed out already :-)

> Verifying whether someone's a 'free developer' in your definition would
> be very tricky to do, and we'd have to be careful not to give the
> impression of favoritism.

i know that theoretically it's a hard problem. And i am certainly
not requesting or pressuring for it.

When i was in the board of the german students union our conferences
offered the possibility of a lower fee if one could not afford regular
fees. this was very seldomly abused. The rationale was that these people
would otherwise not come (and not pay anything). Of course if too many people only
pay the lower fee we might have changed this. but it never happenend.

> Overall I'm inclined not to do that, but then
> I am making money. (so far! :)

:-)

    holger