[EuroPython] Eric S. Raymond will be among us too !

Denis Frere denis@aragne.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 00:40:11 +0200

Eric S. Raymond proposed himself for our meeting. Since his diary is
rapidly booked, I did dare to accept before discussing the point with
the program committee.

Martijn was in cc to our mail exchange ; since he kept silent about it,
I think he agrees. :-) (Do you, Martijn ?)

Nicolas and I think it's a good think Eric will be with us : he's well
known outside the Python world. If we want to attract new Python fans,
he's one of the profiles we need.

Here's what I last told him, and his answer :

D>> Have a look in the wiki:
D>> http://www.europython.org/draftwiki/ConferenceTracks and
D>> http://www.europython.org/draftwiki/PeopleAndTalks
D>> Tell us what you would talk about so that we can stick you
D>> appropriately in the program.

E> I could give a talk on effective Python advocacy.  Or I could give a
E> technical talk on doclifter, a Python program that translates
E> mm/me/ms/man sources to DocBook (there are some inteeresting compiler
E> techniques in there).

What do you think ?

Denis

--