[EuroPython] determining a time

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 00:07:12 +0100

Tom Deprez wrote:
> > > I do however feel guilty if our conference inadvertantly makes Marc
> Poinot
> > > and co-organizers unhappy. I much prefer working together.
> >
> > Why not move the EuroPython conference to end of July 2002 ? That
> > way we avoid giving LSM any trouble.
> >
> > As for location: the organizers should be on-site some days before
> > the event, so they should decide the location. Additional criteria
> > should include: good airport/train/car connection, hotel space and
> > Internet-access.
>
> Humph, Denis is working on all this, we even discussed in Paris (after the
> congress), together with Joachim, about the best time schedule. I don't
> understand, why you don't talk with Denis about this. He's the one with the
> idea to start a EuroPython event in the first place.

We *are* talking to Denis, aren't we? He's on the list, after all. But
yes, Denis is doing a lot of great work on the location and had independently
the idea about a European Python event before (he said he'd been
considering having one for a year already when I contacted him, and he
already contacted Guido as well).

Evidently the time is ripe!

> Denis, can you give an update of your progress? Before we end up with a very
> less productive discussion.

Of course I was hoping both Denis and Marc Poinot would join in. I think the
suggestion to move it to the end of july is not bad, though we have to
hurry otherwise people will lock it up with their holidays. It was
never my intention to have unproductive discussions. :)

Regards,

Martijn