[EuroPython-Announce] EuroPython 2015: A few tips for attendees

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Mon Jul 13 22:00:57 CEST 2015

EuroPython will start next week. We will issue a number of blog posts
with helpful tips and reminders this week to warm you up and also
collect them on our page “Tips for attendees”.

    https://ep2015.europython.eu/en/registration/tips-for-attendees/

Contacting fellow attendees
---------------------------

We have enabled a functionality on the website’s “Who’s coming” page,
which lets you quickly send emails to other attendees who have opted
in to receive messages from EuroPython attendees. Here’s how it works:

 - Go to the “Who’s coming” page:
   https://ep2015.europython.eu/p3/ep2015/whos-coming
 - Find the attendee you’d like to contact
 - Click on the envelope icon on the attendee’s badge
 - Write the message and click “Send”

The message will be sent by the conference system. You don’t have to
know the attendee’s email address.

The envelope icon will only appear for those attendees who have
enabled receiving such messages in their privacy settings:

    https://ep2015.europython.eu/accounts/profile/#account-spam-control

Please update your profile
--------------------------

In order to print badges and streamline the process of handing them
out at the conference, we need your name for the ticket.

Please make sure you have entered all the necessary details on your
profile page. This will save us a lot of work and you a lot of long
queues:

    https://ep2015.europython.eu/accounts/profile/#account-personal-data

Attendee wiki
-------------

We have set up a wiki page for attendees to self-organize and give
other attendees helpful tips:

    https://wiki.python.org/moin/EuroPython2015

The wiki page is hosted on the Python.org wiki. If you want to edit
the page, please see the front page for instructions (near the bottom
of the page):

    https://wiki.python.org/moin/FrontPage#use

Planing and advertising sprints
-------------------------------

If you are planing on running a sprint, you can enter the details on
the sprints wiki page:

    https://wiki.python.org/moin/EuroPython2015/Sprints

The editing process is the same as for the main EuroPython 2015 wiki
page (see above).

More details on the EuroPython 2015 sprints are available on the
sprints page:

    https://ep2015.europython.eu/en/events/sprints/

Printing posters
----------------

If you are running a poster at the conference, you can either bring
your poster with you or just take a PDF to one of the many printing
shops in Bilbao to get it printed on site:

 - Yelp listing of print shops
   http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=copyshops&find_loc=Bilbao%2C+Vizcaya

Two recommendations from the on-site team:

 - Reprografía José Antonio
   https://plus.google.com/116719208177186191837/about

 - Goya
   http://www.goyavirtual.com/tienda.asp