[Email-SIG] Mailgun email libraries

Matthew Dixon Cowles matt at mondoinfo.com
Tue Aug 15 22:35:44 EDT 2017

[Barry]
> This is mostly an FYI email since I've only had time to read the
> blog post and briefly skim the docs, but there may be interesting
> things we can learn from their work.

I've long been in favor of email module having an RFC 822 address
parser. I've also long been of the opinion that RFC 822 was written
by out-of-work parser writers in the hopes of creating long-term
demand for their services. (See section 3.3, "Lexical Tokens" and
what follows for the origin of that opinion.) That's one reason that
I haven't sat down to write a real one to contribute to the module.

If theirs really does the job correctly, I think it would be a great
idea to steal it.

Regards,
Matt