[Email-SIG] Some parsing/generation issues of email in Python 3

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Jun 8 10:14:16 EDT 2016

On Jun 08, 2016, at 11:56 AM, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:

>All these issues were harvested in less than halve an hour. What really
>troubles me is the quietness around here in the light of this experience.
>Doesn't people use Python (3) yet/anymore for these kind of tasks? Does
>somebody care? Am I missing something?

Mailman 3 uses Python 3 so we use all the parsing stuff in Python 3.4 and 3.5,
although we don't use the SMTP policy.  We haven't yet noticed any problems
with the compat32 (default) policy, probably because it's more compatible with
the way Python 2 parses things.

Also, please don't be so exasperated so quickly.  Just because there hasn't
been a lot of traffic on this list recently doesn't necessarily mean nobody is
using it, or doesn't care about bugs.

Cheers,
-Barry