[Email-SIG] Handling large emails: DiskMessage and DiskFeedParser

Matthew Dixon Cowles matt at mondoinfo.com
Mon May 24 22:39:27 EDT 2004

Dear Menno,

> To cope with this problem I've created 2 classes DiskMessage and
> DiskFeedParser (see http://oss.netboxblue.com).

The only feedback I have for you is: Cool!

Back when the email module was still called mimelib, I suggested to
Barry that the old email-processing modules (multifile, etc) not be
deprecated until the email module had the ability to keep large
payloads on disk, since the old modules did work that way. Since that
time, I've found it easier to throw RAM than coding time at the
problem. But I'm glad that you've been able to code what I think is
one of the last few things the module needs.

Regards,
Matt