[Email-SIG] Extending the calendar package

Brian Munroe bmunroe at tribador.net
Fri Feb 27 21:20:33 EST 2004

I am currently developing a new module to generate and send meeting invitations
to Lotus Notes R5 clients.  This module basically constructs an empty text/plain
email message with some strange mime headers[1] that define things like
StartDateTime, Meeting Chair, etc.

Additionally, I've been doing some research and it doesn't look like Python has
any modules for generating/parsing/publishing in the iCal (rfc2445) format, and
I thought I could eventually extend the module to support iCal in addition to
Lotus Notes.

I've been familarizing myself with RFCs this whole week and I am starting to go
cross-eyed.  I'm hoping someone can straighten me out here!

Would my module be something that would eventually find it's way into the email
package?  Also, what about if I extended it to support iCal?

Opinions welcome, thanks.

-- brian

[1] - Example: x-notes-item: 12/12/2004 11:20PM PST; value=300;
name=StartDateTime\r\n