[Email-SIG] Problem with get_all

Andrew Veitch andrew at logicalprogression.net
Thu Feb 26 19:40:07 EST 2004

One of our users has reported a problem with MailManager which I've traced
back to the email library.

He's got some very strangely formatted headers looking like this:

Cc: Gsandtner Michael <gsa at adv.magwien.gv.at>, "'Gsandtner Fam.'"
      <michael.gsandtner at web.de>, "'Gsandtner priv.'"
      <michael.gsandtner at airwave.at>

And running get_all on the headers just returns one fairly mangled string.

I'm not 100% sure that this is a valid format for headers but it is coming
from a Microsoft client to I guess it's something we have to live with.
There also seems to be a fairly excessive amount of quoting going on.

The full text of the email is at:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=904033&group_id=85
788&atid=577305

By the way - is this the right place to report problems with the email
library or is it better to open a ticket on the Python project?

TIA

Andrew