[Email-SIG] Re: [mimelib-devel] New email package SIG

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Aug 28 02:47:13 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 11:19, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

> This sounds like a good idea.  What sorts of things are normally
> involved with a SIG?  Are there formal PEPs to propose, etc.?

SIGs are generally just places to discuss things, although being a
formal SIG also gives us web pages on python.org in which to collect
information.  See my other announcement for links.

There can be PEPs but there doesn't need to be, and I don't really see
any PEPs coming out of the email-sig.  We're not designing any new
language features, so all our changes will be limited to the library
package.  I hope that we can maintain backward compatibility such that
the transition will be fairly simple for folks.

-Barry

P.S. from now on, I'll be directing all responses to he email-sig and
removing the mimelib-devel list from the recipients.  Please subscribe
to email-sig!