[Edu-sig] What do folks think of creating a #python-k12 channel on freenode?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Fri May 11 12:38:03 EDT 2018

>>  Would anyone else here have an interest in such a channel?

I'm game.

Wondering if irc has a good Android app front end these days.  Oh yeah,
tons.

Limechat is free client on Mac.

Lotta folks using #Slack these days which allows embedding pix, going back
to edit posts.

But maybe need free and open enuff, philosophically less apropos?

#Slack is free (as in beer) but not open (as in free).

edu-sig / mail-list format good for pondering out loud though.

I always encourage more public archiving of state of the art thinking.

I think of chat as more for real time quick back and forth, which is good,
but not for white papers and policy writing, or lengthy rants. :-D

Kirby