[Edu-sig] Code to Joy in The Economist (June/July 2018)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 22:25:29 EDT 2018

On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 1:13 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Name : Object :: Luggage Tags :: Suitcase

​Fixing this:

Names: Object :: Luggage Tags : Suitcase

(a ratio of ratios, would show this way it next books in my era, as in
"this is to that :: ("as") that is to this other" and so on).

I appreciate the Pycon 2018 account / perspective Naomi.  Glad to know
Andrew was attending in person and is reaping the benefits of joining a
subculture / community, not just learning a computer language

[ these go together, as most but not all, science fiction writers failed to
predict i.e. that computer languages create tribalism in a positive way ].

Tangential remarks:

* I just discovered Pyx this morning: http://pyx.sourceforge.net/

* I've made progress using RhinoScript (rs) a Python module compatible with
2.7 that runs inside a CAD system (proprietary, not unlike ESRI Arc* in
that regard).

* compiling PostGIS version of postgesql on old OSX Yosemite fails in the
homebrew recipe, after about 5 hours doing OK. More in blogs happy to yak
off-list.

​