[Edu-sig] How to define "a Python project"?

Jay Shaffstall jshaffstall at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 08:47:19 EST 2017

> How do your students transfer files between computer lab and their home
computers? How do they submit code? Would the concept or "project" simplify
this?

For the intro class in which I use Thonny, students use USB sticks to copy
files and submit via a Blackboard course.  The concept of a project would
not really affect this.

For later courses we use submission of projects via version control, but
we're not using Thonny by then.

If you add projects to Thonny, please leave the option to just create and
run a single Python module, rather than requiring a project be created.

Jay