[Edu-sig] more simmering debate...

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 19:48:41 EDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 11:23 AM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

<< SNIP >>

> Thinking in Python includes thinking about ordinary everyday things in
> Python.  It doesn't mean fantasizing about the guts of a Von Neumann
> architecture computer unless you really need that to be your knowledge
> domain i.e. that's your line of work.

Since posting the above some weeks back, I've been informed that "Von
Neumann architecture computer" is maybe not the best jargon to be spreading
around.  Source:  https://vimeo.com/145672920  about 4:55 into it.

I've watched quite a few of these Eric Smith vimeos.  I've learned a lot.

Given I'm flying the lambda calculus banner on Mathfuture, trail-blazing a
new track, it behooves me to catch up on what that means in more detail, Y
combinator and all that. ;-D

Kirby

<http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2009/03/urner-workshop.html>