[Edu-sig] followup link to more posts re my edu-related initiative / outreach project

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 21:19:53 CET 2015

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:15 AM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

Edu-wise my focus believe or not has been the Python community in
> Bangalore, actually IT more generally, but women more specifically.
>
> Long story on math-teach.  I try not to duplicate too much of what I post.

However I should at least post a link for any curious browsers, not all
that easy to find otherwise, unless you already know where to look:

http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2662930

The short of it is CP4E (Guido's project) + HP4E (imitating the meme).

CP4E is introduced on the edu-sig home page.

HP4E is an old theme of mine in this archive, easiest summarized with an
image search:

http://bit.ly/1zXpa0V  (just a Google image search on "hexapent")

This started to get rolling around EuroPython / Chalmers which was at the
same time as a Nano-Tubes convention, so buckyballs were in the air (I must
have breathed some in).

"Adding this spin to own's Powerpoints gives an edge in IT" is my mantra
for the PyLadies of Bangalore (et al).

Kirby

PS:  If I don't get to Edu-Summit this year, I should at least make the
next two as ya'll will be in my home town for 2016, 2017, woo hoo.