[Edu-sig] Getting more involved with education and the PSF...

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Thu May 22 16:32:26 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Jeff Elkner <jeff at elkner.net> wrote:

> Two questions:
>
> 1. Andre, what do I need to do to begin maintaining that page?

I have not maintained the page for quite a few years now.  I changed
computer twice in the meantime.

Here's what I remember that I had to do.

1. contact someone on the web support team  (pointing out, I think, to the
relevant edu-sig discussion)

I know you just asked about how to begin, but just in case you'd want to
know, here were the next steps.

2. generate some ssh key (if I recall correctly) so that I would be allowed
to commit changes
3. download the whole site (first time) or update it thereafter
4. (re)build it locally.
5. edit the relevant rst file
6. rebuild it    (repeat 5 and 6 as needed)
7. commit changes
8. repeat steps 3 to 6 as needed (based on suggestions/requests received)

Now, it could well be that, with the redesign, the process is much easier
and can be done online using a CMS.