[Edu-sig] Reeborg news

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 13:58:02 CET 2014

Testers wanted!

There is now a major update of the Python version of Reeborg's world, still
available at the same link I quoted before. A few major things missing:
actual Python lessons, the help window and a graphical world builder.  So,
you have to refer to the default javascript version to see what commands
are actually available.

Reeborg's world is intended as a replacement for both rur-ple (which I
wrote) and possibly rurple NG (written by Paul Crowley as he aimed to
remove some perceived warts in the original), with significant additional
capabilities.

If you are using rurple or rurple ng in a teaching environment  (or even
possibly Guido van Robot), and would like to influence Reeborg's world
development so that it is even better than the predecessors, please feel
free to contact me directly.

André

P.S. to use the "library" in the new Python version, its actual name when
called from a program is simply "lib"; it is not loaded automatically.  You
know how to do the rest.   (However, do not include comments on that line.)